Veterinary Practice: The UK's leading monthly veterinary publication
Veterinary Practice magazine is a lively, informative and educational publication devoted solely to the issues facing veterinary practices right now.
Each month's issue features the best writers in the profession on the topics of the day, with informed comments on current challenges along with concise features.
latest product developments
health and safety
regular signposted sections for large animal and equine
industry and product news ... and much, much more.
And what is more, as a monthly magazine we don't litter your post-box every week with hoards of unwanted plastic bagged magazines. Not only is this hugely wasteful they are also time consuming to dispose of and it is annoying when they continue to arrive in spite of requests not to.
Get Veterinary Practice online
You can view Veterinary Practice online by registering (see the blue box to the right) and you will receive Veterinary Practice a whole week before it appears in print.
2014 Front-of-House Awards
The purpose of these awards is to recognise excellence in front-of-house design, appearance and facilities. Entries close at midnight on Thursday 2nd October 2014. Judging will take place during October; the results will be announced in Veterinary Practice in December.
Please tell us, in no more than 250 words, why your practice deserves to win one of the 2014 Front-of-House Awards. The two categories are:
1. practices with no more than 10 full-time or FTE staff
2. practices with more than 10 full-time or FTE staff
The judges will be looking for: • clear, attractive signage outside – and inside – the practice
• adequate and well-marked parking bays
• a smart, well-maintained exterior and gardens (if any) well-tended and tidy
• a well-defined, easy to reach entrance with disabled access
• a welcoming reception area for dealing smoothly and efficiently with clients and patients arriving and leaving
• clean, comfortable waiting area(s) with informative noticeboards, etc.
• well-laid-out merchandising area
Once they have selected a short-list from the entries, the judges may make unannounced visits to these practices. Any clinic/surgery/hospital that has been built, renovated, refurbished, extended or moved during the last two years (from 1st January 2012) is eligible to enter.
Entries will be accepted by post or e-mail and must include:
1. brief details of the practice – name, address, phone number, e-mail address, name of person submitting the entry and number of staff (veterinary surgeons and support team)
2. up to 250 words on the practice itself covering the areas listed above
3. up to 10 photos showing the features listed above
For postal entries, send to:
The 2014 Front-of- House Awards Veterinary Practice
30 Diamond Ridge
Surrey GU15 4LD
Photos to be digital high- res (at 300dpi) e-mailed or sent on memory stick.
For e-mail entries, send to: editor@veterinary- practice.com
Text must be in a Word file (.doc), photos as jpegs at 300dpi.
• a trophy and plaque for each of the winning practices
• each of the two winning practices will receive £750 to invest in further improvements in front-of-house facilities
• a gourmet meal will be arranged for up to four staff from each of the winning practices