The 2017 Practice Design Awards
The British Veterinary Hospitals Association (BVHA) Design Awards for 2017, run in association with Veterinary Practice, are intended to recognise – and reward – outstanding design.
If, within the last two years, you have opened new premises for a first opinion and/or referral practice – whether a brand new building or a conversion of a building previously used for some other purpose, refurbished your existing premises or come up with an innovative design solution for an area of the practice, these design awards are for you.
Any practice that has completed a project on or after 1st June 2015 is eligible to enter. All that’s required is to complete the entry form on the BVHA website (www.bvha.org.uk) with information such as:
- Your practice name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, plus the name and position of the person submitting the entry.
- The numbers of veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and other support staff in the practice.
- What area of veterinary practice you are involved in, whether referral or first opinion, companion animal, equine, farm animal or mixed practice.
- A report (in no more than 500 words) about the project, emphasising its outstanding design and innovative features – listing clever solutions to problems, explaining why things were done in a particular way, plus an assessment of whether what you have done is living up to expectations.
- Up to 15 photographs showing the finished project – including preimprovement shots if available.
- A floor plan of the premises (preferably the architect’s drawing).
- An indication of the various costs involved.
Are you proud of what you have achieved with your practice premises?
Have you, within the last two years, developed a truly outstanding place in which to practise veterinary medicine and surgery?
Is there a particular feature or room with a design innovation that has made a significant difference to you, your staff, your clients and/or your patients?
Then these awards are for you!
- New-build premises
- Conversions of buildings previously used for other purposes
- Refurbishment of existing practice premises
In addition, there will be a BVHA President’s Award for an outstanding innovation in the design of a specific area or feature of a practice in any of the above categories.
Prizes, including a trolley from Gratnells, a plaque and certificate, will be awarded to the winner in each category with additional prizes provided by Securos Surgical, including the grand prize for the overall winner.
The BVHA president will make a special award to the practice which, in his opinion, has the most innovative or imaginative design feature among the entries received.
The three category winners will receive an invitation for two people to attend the presentation ceremony where the overall winner will be announced.
Terms and conditions of entry
Entries can be submitted by post (to: Design Awards 2017, 15 Chaseside Gardens, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8JP) or by e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org), or by a combination of the two (e.g. send entry information by e-mail; photos on disc or memory stick). The floorplan must be sent by post. Photos sent by e-mail should be in the form of jpegs at 300dpi with a maximum size per photo of 2MB. Photos and plans sent by post will be returned on request once judging is complete. Closing date for the receipt of entries is Thursday 15th June 2017. Judging will be carried out during the summer by a panel representing the BVHA and Veterinary Practice. The judges will compile a shortlist from the entries and visit the practices concerned. The results will be announced after judging is completed and featured in Veterinary Practice. The judges’ decisions will be final; no correspondence will be entered into.
The 2017 Practice Design Awards are open to any qualifying veterinary practice within the UK
Veterinary Practice: The UK's leading monthly veterinary publication
Veterinary Practice magazine is a lively, informative and educational publication devoted solely to the issues facing veterinary practices right now.
Each month's issue features the best writers in the profession on the topics of the day, with informed comments on current challenges along with concise features.
- employment law
- literature review
- practice design
- latest product developments
- health and safety
- nursing news
- regular signposted sections for large animal and equine
- industry and product news ... and much, much more.
Get Veterinary Practice online and on your tablet
You can view Veterinary Practice online by registering (see the blue box to the right) and you will receive Veterinary Practice a whole week before it appears in print.
VP+ enhanced digital edition
VP+ is an enhanced digital edition of Veterinary Practice magazine. Available on Apple, Android, Windows 8 and Kindle, the VP+ app is available free and exclusively to all readers. Click here to find out more.
All advertising enquiries for Veterinary Practice should be addressed to David Kimberley, advertising manager, telephone 07961 086856, e-mail email@example.com
Download the Media Pack
Download the 2017 Media Pack (including rates and features)